After Your Procedure
College Station LASIK Patients: Recovering from Your Procedure
After You Leave International EyeCare Laser & Lifestyle Center:
1. You should expect your vision to be hazy or smoky immediately after your procedure. This is normal and will clear up in several hours.
2. College Station LASIK patients must keep their eyes closed for 4 hours. The 4 hours start from the time of your procedure and it includes the time on your way home. If awake after the 4 hours start your drops. It is VERY important to keep them closed on the way home.
3. If you experience any unusual pain that is not relieved by artificial tears or analgesic drops, please call the doctor. The office number is (713) 984-9777.
4. You may return to any normal activity the following day except NO swimming, scuba diving, water sports or hot tubs for 2 weeks.
5. AVOID RUBBING YOUR EYES. You can blot down gently to dry.
6. Showering and washing your face the next day is fine. You might still have ointment in your eyes from the night before and it is perfectly fine to rinse out the ointment with tap water in the shower.
7. Avoid eye make-up, especially eyeliner and mascara for 3 days.
8. Please wear your eye goggles at bedtime for 3 nights to prevent any accidental pressure or rubbing while asleep.
International EyeCare is dedicated to providing comprehensive care to all of their College Station cataract surgery and LASIK patients. Their attentive care before, during, and after all procedures has helped them earn a reputation for excellence in patient care. To learn more about the LASIK procedure, or other available treatments, contact their practice today.